Journee reconnects people in the virtual realm
How do you define beauty? We're looking for an Art Director ready to bring their visions to life.
At Journee, we build immersive worlds for iconic brands and connect people in the virtual realm, offering a groundbreaking solution for people to come together virtually and enjoy the most high-end 3D immersive experiences in the digital space
We're scaling fast while working with top global brands (global players as Vogue Business, WWF, BMW, H&M, Siemens, DEPT, McCann, Adidas, Conde Nast, to mention a few), and are looking for those ready to join the adventure.
This role offers an opportunity to pave the way in the evolution of the internet; to help world-class brands claim their identity in the virtual world and create artistic impact on the new wave of the internet.
We're looking for an Art Director, who is also a skilled 3D artist and brings with them the ability to be hands-on when needed and lead a team of artists by providing artistic direction to see projects through to completion
If you're passionate about creating the future of the internet with us, we want to speak with you!
Help Us Create New Worlds
As Art Director you will guide the vision and artistic outputs of talented 3D artists, and create and build new and beautiful worlds. Help us shape the future of the internet and online immerseive expeirences.
What you'll be doing
- Planning production in collaboration with the creative producer and other relevant stakeholders
- Building stunning mood boards of existing 3d worlds, digital art, 3d avatars, inspiring soundtracks and user experiences through fast and efficient research across different media platforms.
- Conveying expectations in terms of quality and content (settings, environments, characters) to the team (concept artists, environment artists, character model artists) using relevant visual references
- Monitoring and approving work done by the Unreal Art team, as well as the integration of visual data into the engine
- Extracting the challenges from the client and turning them into concrete design decisions
Who we are looking for
- Several years of experience in a similar role
- Experience & knowledge of Unreal Engine is a must. Experience with other relevant tools also useful (c4d, 3dmax, Blender, Houdini, unity) 2D (Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, Premiere)
- Experience in building style frames (early sketches in 3d programs and/or digital paintings) to illustrate stunning, surprising and desirable 3d worlds.
- You can show concepts from initiation, through to reality, with individual or commercial projects.
- **Great aesthetic eye!**
- Experience in the gamification (game design) of experiences and worlds, is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization, internally and externally
- Good energy, empathy and open-mindedness; you have a positive “can-do” mindset
- Leadership experience. You have managed a team of artists providing guidance and artistic direction.
Why work with us
- Remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Cape Town, Dubai and New York
- Flexibility to work in Berlin or remotely in a similar time zone (CET/ CEST +/- 2 hours)
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a startup environment working on cutting edge projects with top global brands
- Become part of our mission to reconnect human & brands in virtual spaces
- Regular connecting team off-sites and team dinner events
- We have strong values in place: high performance, transparency, open communication, adaptability & always learning