Journee reconnects people in the virtual realm
We offer groundbreaking solutions for people to come together virtually and enjoy the most high-end 3D interactive experience in the metaverse.
We are scaling fast while working with top global brands, and are looking for those ready to join the adventure (With top players like WWF, BMW, H&M, Siemens, DEPT, McCann, Adidas, Conde Nast, to mention a few) and are looking for those ready to join the adventure.
We are looking for a WebRTC Engineer to join us in building the future of cloud streaming. Our tech stack consists primarily of TypeScript, React, AWS, Infrastructure as Code, WebRTC, C, C++, C# and Unreal Engine. We are looking for a reliable person, who would enjoy growing rapidly with our easy-going and high-performing tech team. This team is remote-first and works 4 or 5 days per week within +/-2 hours of CET.
What you'll be doing
- Improve and debug our WebRTC tech stack, allowing more users to experience our product while offering better quality
- Review our in-house WebRTC streamer and suggest improvements
- Evaluate and implement different video encodings
- Write unit and e2e tests with a focus on video quality testing
- Integrate and improve existing hardware encoder integrations
- Consult other engineers on our voice chat features
Who we are looking for
- Experience with C, C++, and C# and TypeScript
- Highly proficient in WebRTC technologies (TURN, STUN, ICE, and audio/video codecs) with 3+ years of experience working directly on custom WebRTC stacks
- Experience with Video encoding (VP9 / H.264)
- Nice to have: Experience with network protocols (HTTP, TCP/UDP, Websockets), TypeScript, Unreal Engine
Why work with us
- Remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Cape Town, Dubai and New York
- Flexibility to work in Berlin or remotely in a similar time zone (CET/ CEST +/- 2 hours)
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a startup environment working on cutting edge projects with top global brands
- Become part of our mission to reconnect human & brands in virtual spaces
- Regular connecting team off-sites and team dinner events
- We have strong values in place: high performance, transparency, open communication, adaptability & always learning